Leongatha - Truck Jockey & Storemen
Our dedicated team at the Leongatha store is seeking a volunteer Truck Jockey and Storemen who enjoys keeping busy, loves building relationships and spending time outside on the road. You will be physically fit, reliable and available to volunteer a couple of days per week. This is a opportunity to utilise your skills in a role that contributes positively to your community.
You will be a friendly and welcoming presence and will thrive on delivering outstanding customer service.
More specifically you will have:
- The ability to positively engage with all walks of life
- Excellent communication skills
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
- Be able to lift items up to but no more then 25kgs
- Be an organised, responsible and reliable individual
In return we offer:
- gain experience in a respected national not-for-profit organisation
- make a difference within a supportive and busy working environment
- be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Vinnies is more than a retail store
If making a difference is important to you and you’re ready to contribute positively to your local community we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please note that prior to engaging in any Volunteer activity with the St Vincent de Paul Society some checks are required. These will include a National Criminal History Check and current Working with Children Check and may also include reference checking and a medical (applicable for Driver and Jockey roles only).
A full Position Description is available by clicking here
St Vincent de Paul Society is proactive in protecting children