President - Dandenong Soup Van
- Have the drive and ambition to lead a team of volunteers?
- Have a passion for giving a 'hand up' to individuals experiencing disadvantage?
- Love giving back to your local community?
- Enjoy engaging with people from all walks of life?
Yes? We would love you to join the Dandenong Soup Van Operation as a President, to a team of volunteers providing leadership, guidance, communication and friendship to those you work with.
There are many aspects for you to get involved in, including:
- Liaise with Soup Van Operations Manager and Soup Van Coordinators in relation to issues regarding running of the Soup Van Operation that requires assistance and support
- Creating a safe, supportive an enjoyable experience for your team of volunteers
- Ensure your team follow Society Policies and Procedures
- Lead a team of volunteers to provide support and guidance on operational matters
- Attend to everyday issues/problems as advised by the volunteers, Soup Van Operations Manager, Soup Van Coordinators and Soup Van President Victoria
More specifically you will have:
- A 'Can Do' attitude and positive team spirit
- Ability to lead a team of volunteers
- The capability to engender a culture that promotes continuous improvement and responsible information sharing to maximise benefits to clients, Volunteers and the future development and operation of the Soup Van Program
- Experience with Smart Phone applications such as Google Sheets and Office Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to train volunteers and address issues effectively amongst the team
- Current driver's license preferable, but not essential
Why take this Opportunity?
- Be part of an organisation with a fantastic history for assisting those in need
- Gain experience in the Community Services Sector
- Training provided
This opportunity is suited to a mature minded individual with some experience in leading a small team, looking to gain experience in the volunteer or Non for Profit Sector.
A little about us:
The primary aim of the program is to offer food, social connection and referral pathways out of homelessness and poverty to people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness and disadvantage. This program operates within the Mission, Vision and inspired Values of the St Vincent de Paul Society.
The Soup Van Program is a Special Work of the State Council of the St Vincent de Paul Society. Currently operating from Berwick, Collingwood, Dandenong, Endeavour Hills, Fitzroy, Footscray, Moe, Rosebud and Traralgon. We have more than 1,300 dedicated volunteers grouped into teams and headed by a soup van president for each operation. More than 250,000 meals are served annually and the soup vans run 365 days a year – rain, hail or shine. Volunteers provide soup, sandwiches, fruit and other food and drinks at public locations advertised on our website, as well as boarding and rooming houses, crisis accommodation, social housing and other residential locations. The itinerary of each Soup Van Operation is decided by the Soup Van Committee, taking account of factors such as unmet need and the level of funding from the Society and elsewhere
Click here to Watch 'A night on the Soup Van" .
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
Please note: Opportunities are only available to those aged 18 years and over.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.