Dandenong Delivery Centre - Drivers and Jockeys Wanted
Join one of Victoria's Leading Not-For-Profits and Volunteer with us today!!
Truck Drivers and Jockeys Wanted!!
Our dedicated team at the Dandenong Delivery Centre are seeking volunteer Truck driver’s and Jockeys who enjoy keeping busy, love building relationships and spending time outside on the road. You will be physically fit, reliable and available to volunteer a couple of days per week. This is a opportunity to utilise your skills in a role that contributes positively to your community.
You will be a friendly and welcoming presence and will thrive on delivering outstanding customer service.
More specifically you will have:
- The ability to positively engage with all walks of life
- Excellent communication skills
- A “Can do” proactive attitude and positive team spirit
- Be able to lift items up to but no more then 25kgs
- Be an organised, responsible and reliable individual
- Hold a relevant truck licence if are wanting to operate a truck
In return we offer:
- gain experience in a respected national not-for-profit organisation
- make a difference within a supportive and busy working environment
- be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community
The St Vincent de Paul Society aspires to be recognised as a caring Catholic charity offering ‘a hand up’ to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship. The Society is one of the most recognised and highly regarded charitable organisations that has been providing support to Victorians for 160 years. We operate over 100 retail shops throughout Victoria, commonly called “Vinnies” that raise much needed funds to support those who are vulnerable in the community.
Please note that prior to engaging in any Volunteer activity with the St Vincent de Paul Society some checks are required. These will include a National Criminal History Check and current Working with Children Check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.